Program Director - Missile Systems
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As a Program Director, you will be responsible for the overall program execution of an Anduril Weapons Programs across various stages of the contract lifecycle. This includes leading the IRAD risk reduction, preliminary design review, critical design review and production readiness review. You will be working closing with the customer and be focused on winning this competitive program. You will be responsible for overall cost, schedule and technical execution teaming with the Chief Engineer. You will be responsible for teaming with the manufacturing team to establish a manufacturing plan to support the Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) for the program. You will be leading the Earned Value Management reporting for the program. In addition to leading the planning, execution, and delivery of all programs and projects, you will oversee the strategic coordination of these functions to ensure optimal outcomes, customer satisfaction, and overall business success. Finally, you will be teaming with the Missile Business Line Lead and Missile Growth Lead to drive the expansion of the portfolio for new business which is synergistic with this program. The program director must be a strong leader motivating a team under schedule pressures.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and implement effective processes, tools, and metrics for program planning, scope management, risk management, and overall program execution.
- Develop strong customer relations through regular communication.
- Ensure successful coordination and integration of engineering, R&D, and IRAD expenditures with manufacturing, safety, business development, and administrative functions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to align goals, optimize processes, and streamline communication across functions.
- Monitor and manage program progress, ensuring adherence to cost, schedule, and resource allocation targets.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, continuous improvement, and effective program execution.
- Ensure Earned Value Management is used to track progress of program execution and drive course corrections as needed.
- Ensure program milestones are met to maintain a position in the competitive program.
- Understanding of critical chain management to drive program execution at a rapid pace.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and refine the strategic roadmap for Anduril Weapons Programs.
- Analyze market trends, competitor activities, and customer requirements to identify growth opportunities and develop business strategies.
- Drive the integration of engineering, R&D, and IRAD expenditures into the strategic planning process, ensuring alignment with the company's mission and vision.
- Identify areas for process improvement, technology adoption, and innovation across functions to enhance overall performance and efficiency.
- Champion cross-functional collaboration efforts to ensure seamless integration and successful delivery of programs.
- Ensure that engineering, R&D, and IRAD expenditures are managed in a financially responsible manner, monitoring budgets and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible for program P&L, schedule, and technical performance on internal investments and program funds for this development weapon program
- Collaborate with finance and business development teams to develop accurate cost estimates and pricing strategies for proposals, ensuring alignment with customer expectations and internal financial targets.
- Oversee the integration of financial planning and reporting across functions, providing insights and guidance to senior management on financial performance and risks.
- Identify potential risks, cost overruns, or financial constraints, developing mitigation strategies and coordinating with stakeholders to drive successful outcomes.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Foster a positive and high-performance culture within the program team, promoting employee engagement, professional development, and retention.
- Proactively assess team skills and resource requirements, identifying training needs or recruitment opportunities to strengthen the team’s capabilities.
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and guidance to program managers and team members, nurturing their growth and success.
- Encourage and promote adherence to company policies, procedures, safety standards, and ethics guidelines.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!