Flight Software Engineer, Embedded C
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Flight Software team at Anduril develops flight computer vehicle software for all airborne and subsea vehicles. The right person for this role has experience in both commercial (product focused) and public sector (defense) technical environments, and is looking to leverage their passion for avionics and flight software.
As a Flight Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the microcontroller firmware that powers Anduril’s aircraft while working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as on our customers!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop microcontroller software using an RTOS
- Develop device drivers, protocols, and APIs for aircraft sensors
- Integrate new features and sensors into flight controller software
- Create aircraft control systems
- Create SITL/HITL test fixtures
- Analyze flight test results
- Support device manufacturing efforts
- Support operational aircraft deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc., or equivalent experience
- Direct experience with DO-178 standards or similar certifications
- Direct experience in aircraft firmware or other safety critical systems
- Strong C programming skills
- Background in low-level firmware architecture, design and development
- Low-level device driver development, experience with microcontrollers and application processors
- Comfortable with typical embedded systems tools, compilers, debuggers and IDEs
- Familiarity with communications busses and protocols such as CAN, CANFD, ARINC-825, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, UART/RS232/RS422/RS485, SPI, QSPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
- Strong debugging skills through use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Familiarity with revision control systems
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
WHAT WE VALUE IN FLIGHT SOFTWARE
- Bias towards delivery and iteration, in order to discover the right use cases to invest engineering time in
- Willing to take risks and own the accountability for managing those risks
- Passionate about solving real world problems, quickly
- Insatiable desire to build and create
- Has designed, built, delivered useful software to users multiple times, we want to hear war stories!
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits depending on region
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!