Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join our rapidly growing team. As Environmental Health & Safety Manager, you’ll be responsible for Anduril’s safety and environmental policies, processes, and procedures. You’ll understand all federal, state, and local regulations and industry best practices, and work to improve Anduril’s processes.
You’ll roll up your sleeves from day one and jump right in, both crafting plans and strategies, while also owning the tactical responsibilities of the job yourself. You’ll partner with a variety of individuals, including individuals on our Technical Operations, Testing, Manufacturing, and Facilities teams, working to craft cross-functional improvements to our operations. You will serve as a resource to our engineering teams as needed.
What you’ll do
- Lead day-to-day EHS operations and process management
- Coordinate with site leadership to ensure appropriate EHS involvement in department development/modification plans and procedure development
- Represent the EHS department at site wide management meetings/briefings
- Develop and maintain strong communication from the field back to production and manufacturing
- Support our field test sites, including:
- Site compliance with federal, state, local, and landowner regulations
- Conduct safety audits at sites and build improvements
- Maintain, develop or implement site specific environmental policies which include but are not limited to:
- Hazardous and non-hazardous waste management
- Air permitting
- Spill prevention/response
- Storm water management
- Waste water
- Coordinating with and serve as the main point of contact for local regulatory agencies
- Design and create policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards in our testing and deployment environments
- Develop and conduct safety training according to appropriate regulations
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years or 8+ years of related experience in manufacturing/assembling, R&D operations is required
- Experience with Federal and State OSHSA regulations, and the ability to monitor and interpret new regulations
- Ability to understand the materials we use and implement handling policies based on regulations and best practices
- Strong independent worker who can drive outcomes with minimal oversight
- Must possess excellent problem solving, organizational and verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work across teams in a collaborative manner
- Advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Slack, Outlook; other productivity tools.
- Moves fast to solve problems
- Travel will be required (domestic)
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!