Senior Robotics Software Engineer, Maneuver Dominance
Boston, MA, USA · Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Maneuver Dominance team at Anduril develops aerial robotic systems designed to operate in large coordinated teams. We leverage existing Anduril drone platforms like Ghost or Altius, in addition to bringing 3rd party platforms into Anduril’s Lattice ecosystem. We develop Perception and Autonomy algorithms to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers. We are looking for software engineers and roboticists excited about creating a powerful robotics stack that includes computer vision, motion planning, SLAM, controls, estimation, and secure communications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop autonomy algorithms and techniques to enable heterogeneous teams of aerial drones and capabilities.
- Deploy these algorithms to operational settings, by moving features along a release process that starts in simulation and ends running in an embedded and operational context.
- Design simulation experiments to develop insights both for internal Anduril purposes as well as customers, deciding the features and
- Research and development around technologies that will unlock strategic drone capabilities, like SLAM, computer vision, or communications hardware and techniques.
- Work closely with vendors and government stakeholders as we seek to advance the art of possible for large drone teams.
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Proven understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience working with and testing electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong C++ or Rust and Python experience in a Linux development environment
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance.
- MS or PhD
- Experience in one or more of the following: motion planning, perception, localization, mapping, controls, and related system performance metrics.
- Python and Rust experience
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Multi-agent coordination of UAVs
- Complex frame transformation problems, such as target localization or multi degree of freedom robotic arms
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!