Mission Software Engineer, Hardware Integration
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Mission Software Engineering team builds, deploys, integrates, extends, and scales Anduril's software to deliver mission-critical capabilities to our customers. As the software engineers closest to Anduril customers and end-users, Mission Software Engineers solve technical challenges of operational scenarios while owning the end-to-end delivery of winning capabilities such as Counter Intrusion, Joint All Domain Command & Control, and Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
Within our Command & Control team, we are building a family of C2 hardware systems with highly software defined features. We create an outstanding, differentiated product by deeply integrating our software with the compute, communications and power hardware and providing intuitive user experiences for our customers. We are looking for an engineer who can own, architect, implement and drive forward our software-defined-hardware functionality and is comfortable at the boundary between electrical systems, firmware and software, with a deep understanding of the customer and their mission. Ideally this engineer is willing to tech-lead other engineers or interested in growing into such a role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement a number of hardware <> software integrations across the power, communications and compute subsystems in the Rust programming language.
- Set an example and create guidelines for other engineers on what an excellent hardware integration looks like.
- Own and create common Rust libraries that make hardware integrations continuously easier.
- Create Hardware-in-the-Loop (HITL) tests that prevent regressions in the codebase.
- Participate in preparation for and (pending clearance) execution of customer demonstrations.
- Meet with customers to break down requirements.
- Work cross functionally with the mechanical, electrical, systems engineering and leadership team to build the Menace product.
- Travel up to 30% of time to build, test, and deploy capabilities in the real world
- Strong engineering background from industry or school, ideally in areas/fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- Experience working in a low level systems language: C++, Rust or C
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience working with communication protocols such as TCP/IP, RS485 or CAN
- Experience working with hardware.
- Experience creating project roadmaps and leading engineers.
- Experience writing firmware
- Experience programming Cisco routers
- Experience working with RF radios
- Experience working with SD WAN networking equipment
- Experience working with military communications hardware and protocols
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!