Manufacturing Engineer II
McHenry, MS, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Rocket Motor Systems (ARMS) team is on a mission to build next generation solid rocket motors for a safer, more connected world. To achieve our vision of becoming a large-volume provider of tactical rocket motors, we will develop differentiated products and services that maximize our customers’ capabilities, and we will establish and maintain a reputation of Quality and Reliability.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for supporting a large, multi-building site focusing on a wide variety of operational functions. We work in a rapid growth environment where constant, thoughtful prioritization and excellent communication are a way of life. Candidates for this role should have experience in equipment development and have ideally worked with all stages of a standard equipment life cycle. They should be technically inclined and able to comfortably understand and convey core engineering design principles. If you’re flexible and driven with a passion for design and improvement, this role may be for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide technical instruction and design guidance for machinery and equipment rated for hazardous environments (CLASS I, DIV I & 2; CLASS II, DIV I & 2), making parts comprised essentially of explosives
- Drive engineering projects and equipment deployments from conceptualization to implementation achieving specifications, budgets, and timelines
- Develop and implement tooling solutions at all levels of the manufacturing value chain including initial project scheduling and estimation for bids/proposals, and supporting schedule commitments of those selected
- Innovate improvements to existing equipment and systems making use of industry best practices and Lean Manufacturing concepts, while ensuring mechanical, electrical, and software systems work together to form a reliable and capable system
- Develop and improve process flows, optimizing the part flow at each sub-process with a focus on system integration while meeting or exceeding safety, quality, customer, and regulatory requirements
- Develop production cost models to support bid proposals including DFM consideration
- Provide training and guidance to production and maintenance personnel on new processes, equipment operation, and applicable safety requirements
- Other similar activities, as opportunities arise
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technology related field
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale manufacturing facilities
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts including electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings including GD&T
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM software
- Experience with MS Office and/or project management software skills
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Experience supporting aerospace, defense, automotive, and/or energetics facilities
- Formal training in project management
- An advanced degree in an engineering or technology related field
- Experience with automation
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!