Human Systems Integration Lead
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
A Human Systems Integration Lead will be responsible for creation and oversight of the Human Systems Integration and Human Engineering approach of Anduril’s key, strategic unmanned aerial vehicle programs (UAV). An ideal candidate is someone who has 8 o rmore years of human systems integration, human factors, and/or human engineering.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Leverage your understanding of human systems integration to enhance the usability, safety and effectiveness of complex systems.
- Collaborate with various Anduril engineering teams and the government customer to assess, design, and implement human centered design and engineering principles.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline with 8 or more years of related professional/military experience in Human Factors Engineering, or Masters degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years of related professional/military experience.
- Deep understanding of how human capabilities and limitations impact system design.
- Experience influencing systems design and implementation in consideration of human factors best practices.
- Experience conducting HSI/Human Factors analysis in accordance with Department of Defense and military standards, including including the MIL-STD 1472H and SAE-6906.
- The ability to clearly communicate findings orally, in written reports, and in presentations to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity conducting HSI and Human Engineering activities within “risk-based frameworks” that rely on the rapid analysis of human systems to facilitate human engineering trades and decision making.
- Experience with the design, execution and analysis of questionnaires, usability tests, and situational awareness, and workload tests.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience delivering Human Systems Integration CDRLs in accordance with DOD Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
- Experience interpreting, applying and/or tailoring MIL standards in support of aircraft design activities.
- Experience with Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) development and design programs.
- Familiarity with MBSE and requirements tracking tools such as Polarion, Teamcenter and Cameo.
- Prior experience navigating the air worthiness processes.
- Strong ability to advocate for the adoption of human factors best practices within senior-level integrated product teams.
- Desired location is Anduril HQ in Costa Mesa, CA, although the DC office will be considered for an exceptional candidate who is willing to travel as needed to complete work (anticipate 25-50%). Relocation assistance is available.
- Possess and be able to maintain a U.S. Secret Clearance - with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance preferred.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!