Senior Value Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Senior Value Engineer drives the strategic supply network development and cost management of Anduril’s product hardware, across their lifecycles, by collaborating with suppliers and cross-functionally, including folks in engineering, quality, and manufacturing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conduct supplier selection for a specific product, leveraging our approved supplier list
- Partner with strategic suppliers to accelerate product development via activities such as:
- Concept scoping to quickly solidify requirements
- Feature trade-off / trade tables
- Should cost / Clean sheet models
- Joint design development, via clear statements of work
- Simulation of mechanical & electronics designs
- Drive the development and consolidation of a manufacturing BOM, working with Quality & Manufacturing, to ramp production internally and with our suppliers with high flexibility
- Accountable for all NPI component procurement, on-time and correctly, to scale
- Manage the CAPEX throughout NPI
- Conduct value-stream mapping to optimize supply network lead time and flexibility
- Complete the BOM risk assessment, include alternate component sourcing, etc.
- Ensure completion of all component qualifications, ahead of production
- Reduce complexity: commonality optimization & component/supplier rationalization
- Lead all cost engineering activities to converge the bottoms-up cost curve to product cost, maximizing the total cost of ownership (TCO) across the product lifecycle
- Manage ad-hoc cost issues e.g., tariffs / import export cost, and cost inflation
- 7+ years of experience, ideally has background within:
- Design & development of electronics and/or mechanical devices
- Advanced sourcing activities, including stints as commodity/sourcing managers
- Supplier development (technology, process, supply chain, etc.)
- Early supplier engagement, ahead of product/engineering requirement realization
- Domain expertise must include value/procurement engineering or TCO-related work at the component & product level.
- Familiarity with developing high-tech products in a high-mix, low-volume environment
- Some exposure working in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree or MBA strongly preferred
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!