Systems Security Architect
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril we are developing cutting-edge artificial intelligence systems, command and control platforms, aerospace vehicles, and long range sensors. We are looking for systems security architects with experience in these fields to help design and manage the security posture of the next generation of Anduril’s products. In order to be successful at Anduril, a systems security architect needs to be fluent in areas of technical leadership, requirements-analysis, design rigor, and a hands-on contributor mindset. The Architect must drive first principles of engineering in design rigor and integration with other systems internal and external to Anduril. In short this individual will have ownership in executing all security aspects of product development, production, and sustainment through the entire product lifecycle to assure product resiliency in adverse environments.
- Own the security requirements and end-to-end security architecture of multiple Anduril products
- Design systems and solution features with engineering teams to meet and exceed industry-standard security goals
- Develop, guide, and monitor technical documentation to capture trades studies, system designs, analysis, and results related to a systems security posture such as identifying Critical Program Information (CPI) and creation of Anti-Tamper Plans
- Development and documentation of security test and assessment plans; Execution of demonstrations and support to customer-led validation events
- Support technical work products developed by the larger engineering team, supporting major milestone deliveries (e.g: SRR, SVR, PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR).
- Experience in two or more of the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity
- Experience with Government cybersecurity policy and frameworks such as JSIG, ICD 503, NIST 800-171
- Previous work on security engineering and architecture on or related to defense and/or national security systems
- Strong understanding of the “why” behind the product, systems, and security design
- Ability to effectively brief and interact regularly with a technically-oriented government customer
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Must possess and be able to maintain a U.S. TS Security clearance
- Excels at the above listed Requirements
- Proven track record of excelling across the broader security domain, encompassing embedded Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Software Security and Anti-Tamper Engineering
- Experience working with unmanned aircraft at and above Group 3 class
- Experience working with various operating systems and communication protocols
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!