Aerostructure Design Engineer
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril's Air Vehicle division designs and builds aerospace structures for prototype and production programs in the defense, commercial, space, and eVTOL markets. As a Design Engineer, you will work in a small team of engineers and technicians to execute projects in aerospace structures design, tooling, manufacture, assembly, and/or test, designing predominantly with advanced carbon composites. Support development efforts by creating, analyzing, and documenting designs for aircraft structural components. Apply standard aerospace practices with respect to advanced composites, sheet metal, machinings, forgings, and structural assembly in designs. Collaborate with Technicians in the manufacturing environment to communicate designs, plan work, and disposition problems. Manage design workflow in accordance with Project requirements and Quality Management System. Apply sound principles from a variety of engineering disciplines (aerodynamics, mechanical systems, loads, stress, flutter) to substantiate designs. Collaborate with Stress Engineers to iterate designs and drive to meeting all performance requirements. The position is full-time direct, on-site at Anduril’s facility in Morrisville, NC, and reports to the Director, Aerostructures Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or other related Engineering field from ABET accredited college or university
- Proficiency in Solidworks and CATIA V5
- 2+ years of experience in a combination of aircraft layout, aerospace structures design, advanced composites, design and manufacture of composite and metallic structures, or aircraft prototyping
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing
- Interacting with technicians
- Fabrication machinery experience - CNC, Waterjet, 3D printing, etc.
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!