Senior Director, Brand Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is defining the future of defense and we’re looking for a Senior Marketing leader to help us develop and share our brand story, globally. At Anduril, we’re bringing fresh perspective and new ideas to a legacy mired in old ways of thinking and old ways of marketing, and we need someone who brings vision, creativity, a builder mentality and a non-linear approach to problem solving to help us continue to accelerate our growth.
Our Senior Director of Brand Marketing will define Anduril’s brand position, identity and voice and develop content, campaigns and partnerships that bring that brand to life. At the same time, you’ll back up those campaigns with a clear analytics and a cohesive strategy. You’ll develop programs for us around social, influencer, partnerships, experiential and other new channels to help us reach and engage with old and new audiences. You will always be thinking about how we can connect to culture to amplify awareness with our high value audiences. You are conceptual, creative, iterative, well-connected and ready to hit the ground running.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Craft the vision and strategy for Anduril’s brand and bring Anduril’s brand to life through marketing content, brand campaigns and other initiatives.
- Examples include: content development brand campaigns, brand partnerships, experiential activations.
- Evolve Anduril’s brand position, identity & voice and ensure brand consistency and cohesion across all aspects of the business.
- Work cross-functionally with comms, product marketing, growth, engineering & visual design to drive and execute small to large scale brand awareness campaigns including advertising and viral campaigns.
- Partner with Anduril’s visual design team to develop strong, on-brand content for owned channels (including but not limited to website, social channels, etc.)
- Research and develop high impact partnerships for Anduril, including sponsorships, entertainment opportunities and influencers.
- Own Anduril’s organic and paid social strategy and execution — create a data-driven strategy to grow our global audience and strengthen audience engagement.
- Create a framework to measure ROI effectiveness for brand initiatives, track results and continually optimize.
- Proven track record of driving awareness: Our goal for the future is that Anduril is as synonymous with defense as Google is for search. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record for driving awareness amongst high value audiences. KPIs and metrics to back that up are ideal.
- Clear vision & differentiated point of view: We need someone who can see into the future and help drive our brand arc for that vision over the next 3-5 years. Anduril’s been really successful because we approach defense in new ways and have a unique point of view in defense. We need to continue to lean into and continue to articulate that differentiation in all of our touch points.
- Ability to flex strategic and tactical, creative and analytical: We’re a small and scrappy team that punches well above our weight. We need someone to come in with a vision but then be able to execute on the details that make it come to life.
- Well connected: You’ve built deep partnerships with like-minded brands; have a deep bench of creative contacts from agencies, vendors & freelancers.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!