IT Manager - Classified Systems
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We're seeking an individual to lead the team responsible for installing, operating and maintaining our classified systems. This individual will work with our most sensitive and operationally relevant programs to ensure their IT/system needs are met. The ideal candidate has a background in IT/System Administration and has worked on managing complex, classified systems or networks.
- Lead the classified systems team.
- Responsible for the deployment and maintenance of all classified systems at Anduril.
- Be the subject matter expert on operating classified systems to include on-premise and cloud servers, various clients (windows and linux) and the basics of networking in classified spaces.
- Set the vision for the team, construct a plan to achieve that vision, obtain necessary buy in on the plan and execute through completion.
- Adhere to internal SLAs to ensure supported teams maintain required velocity.
- Run the help desk function required for classified systems.
- Experience managing a technical team responsible for operating classified systems.
- Experience with IT operations such as running a help desk.
- Must be a contributing SME on the team and be capable of providing technical oversight/escalation.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- DoD 8570 - IAT Level III certification.
- Virtualization (VMware), cloud architectures (AWS) and/or HPC experience.
- Familiarity with modern software and hardware development processes.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!