Senior Software Engineer, Mission Autonomy
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHY WE'RE HERE
Anduril’s Land Systems is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Mission Autonomy to join our team. The Land Systems team at Anduril develops software for land-based robotic systems, leveraging software infrastructure built by other Anduril product teams. The team is responsible for taking manned and unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) robots from paper sketches to operational systems. We work in close coordination with specialist teams like Perception, Autonomy, and Hardware/Manufacturing to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, deploy, and test Mission Autonomy software on simulated assets, surrogate assets, and production assets, while working very closely with other teams across the vehicle hardware and software stack
- Responsible for software solutions throughout entire lifecycle - requirements, design, architecture, implementation, integration, simulation testing, flight testing, and deployment
- Follow an Agile software process, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Participate in bi-weekly demos, presenting new features to key stakeholders
- Triage issues, root cause failures, and coordinate next-steps
- Minimum 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Motion planning, sensor resource management, and optimization expertise
- Strong C++ knowledge, with an emphasis on real-world systems integration problems, including the full software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and iterating on algorithms in real-world settings
- Strong technical communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A desire to work on software that has a real-world impact on the United States and its allies
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance, preferably Top Secret
- Travel up to 25%
- Experience in mathematical problem solving in areas including but not limited to: graph search, convex optimization, optimal allocation, and geometric methods
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in AI/Robotics in one or more of the following areas: motion planning, sensor fusion, probabilistic decision making, computer vision, or machine learning
- APIs between assets and users: Protobuf
- Build Tooling: Nix/CMake
- Deployment tooling: NixOS/Kubernetes
- Python Proficiency
- Rust Proficiency
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!