Product Manager - WISP
Lexington, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Imaging team develops state-of-the-art imaging systems, deployed to tackle the most significant security challenges of America and its allies.
We are seeking a Product Manager to plan, organize, direct, and lead internal and external program activities for the WISP Platform. The WISP product is a long-wave infrared motion imaging sensor system that uses AI to detect and track objects of interest. This role will lead day-to-day execution of product initiatives and tasks – working with Business Operations to manage the budget and schedule, as well as with the customer, internal staff, and management to satisfy the technical objectives meeting all of the contractual requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ownership: PMs are owners; we’re looking for those who have a tendency to assume responsibility, a healthy dose of skepticism, and contribute to a culture of high performance. Lead the project from start to finish with the customer and the engineering team. Develop the technical path for success, identify engineering needs, and validate the projected outcome with the customer. PMs are empowered to quickly assume high levels of responsibility and entrust them to actively own their account and shape its success.
- Embed/Engage: Work side-by-side with our customers to understand their specific mission challenges and represent the customer as you work with Anduril engineers to shape capabilities that solve critical national and international security challenges. Anduril engineers rely on PMs to understand the lay of the land and bring a perspective that informs the development process.
- Build/Orchestrate: Work with Anduril engineers to build the solution and/or pivot development as needed to meet client needs. Successfully developing our complex hardware and software capabilities requires collaborating with nearly every internal Anduril team -engineering, product, logistics, finance, legal, contracting, technical operations, and many more. You’ll be responsible for ensuring each party is engaged and informed and will therefore become well-versed in what it takes to really bring the best of Anduril to our customers.
- Narrative-Building: Possess a strong story-telling skillset and the ability to tailor that narrative across audiences (government stakeholders, other vendors, engineers, etc.). You'll make sure everyone on the team not only understands what we are building, but why as well.
- Efficiency: Translate your understanding of individual projects and programs into larger overall engineering initiatives that accelerate Anduril’s growth in market and ease of integration across the domain. Understanding Anduril’s value proposition and establishing a strategy to have a lasting impact on a customer’s problem set, from the executive level to the end user, is critical to positioning Anduril for the future.
- Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering or related field and a passion for hardware development
- Recent experience managing DoD programs
- Technical background or understanding of software development, engineering processes, and product lifecycle management
- Proven experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams to successful completion of projects
- Ability to create and deliver presentations and technical / programmatic reports to key leadership and the customer
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S security clearance
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a strong attention to detail and focus on customer outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify emerging trends and adapt product strategies accordingly
- Demonstrated experience working with both internal and external stakeholders across various technical domains, fostering collaboration and driving alignment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and simplify complex problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!