Senior Electrical Engineer - Power Electronics / Motors - Ground Vehicles
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Validation, calibration, and characterization of power electronics, batteries and/or motor drives systems and associated controller hardware
- Troubleshoot issues that span the electrical and software boundaries, with solid skills using both lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, DMM, etc.) and software debugging tools
- Work closely with other electrical, mechanical, software, firmware, and test engineers to deliver fully functional products
- Investigate root cause of failures and work with (internal or vendor) controls engineers to implement improvements
- Work in a fast-paced environment supporting new developments and customer operated hardware
- Concurrently manage involvement in multiple projects at various stages
- Long-term potential to design embedded control electronics from concept to production, including hardware selection, schematic & PCB design, board bring-up, and system level integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience designing, testing, and troubleshooting complex embedded systems and products for power electronics, batteries, electric motors or electromechanical actuators
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers, current-probes, and automation of tests
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficient with Altium Designer or equivalent electronic design automation design tools
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Experience working on products used in tough environments (automotive, aerospace, defense, etc.)
- Familiarity with software development processes and tools such as git, Github, JIRA, etc
- Experience with developing for a safety-critical environment
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?