Senior Electrical Engineer - Controls - Ground Vehicles
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer - Controls to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on building the future of autonomous combat vehicles
- Develop the software systems and control algorithms for the drive by wire system of an unmanned, autonomous vehicle
- Work with actuators, sensors, connectors and architecture of vehicle control systems
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years experience writing C code or Rust in a production environment — unit testing, code review, algorithm performance and tradeoffs, architecture, etc.
- Proven ability to use programming to solve challenging problems and increase own/team’s efficiency through automation
- Exceptional ability to keep multiple projects moving forwards in parallel
- Familiarity with common electrical bus interfaces (CAN, Ethernet, RS422, RS232, USB) and fiber optics
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Exposure to modern software development version control and project management tools - Git, Jira, etc.
- Experience with developing safety-critical systems, and working with ISO-26262 and/or DO-178
- Basic knowledge of vehicle kinematics/dynamics
- Experience in automotive/EV/AV/aerospace/space or similar industries
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Solid understanding of ROS
- Experience with autonomous robots
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?