Finance Systems Solutions Architect
IT, Accounting & Finance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Arsenal team is responsible for building and improve the many business systems that enables Anduril to accomplish its mission. Anduril’s supply chain, accounting, sales & growth, field maintenance, manufacturing, and many more teams rely on the technology built by Arsenal. We work across the company to ensure we have the tools and capabilities necessary for mission success.
We are seeking a highly skilled Finance Systems Solutions Architect to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing financial systems that ensure Anduril is successful for the near and long term. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business needs, engineer solutions, and ensure that financial systems are aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Design, develop, and implement financial systems and solutions that meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand business requirements and translate them into functional and technical solutions.
- Analyze current financial systems and processes to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for changes.
- Lead the development and implementation of financial system projects, including defining project scope, requirements, timelines, and budgets.
- Work with vendors and third-party service providers to integrate financial systems and solutions into the company's infrastructure.
- Work with internal software development teams to build out Arsenal’s customized solutions if we decide to build rather than buy
- Provide guidance and support to the finance team on financial systems and processes, including training and documentation.
- Maintain a deep understanding of emerging trends and best practices in financial systems and technology.
- Anduril is an extremely fast-paced technology startup that is rapidly scaling itself. Our culture is one of ambition, hard work, relentless pursuit of excellence, and deliberate disruption. The successful candidate will be one who demonstrates the follow core characteristics:
- Bias for Action - they ask for forgiveness, not permission, and hate the idea of waiting around to be told what to do
- Dive Deep - they sweat the details and roll up their sleeves to uncover the root causes for systemic issues
- Ownership - they care deeply not just about their systems, but for all the business outcomes that their systems supports as well, holding themselves accountable for everything it both does and fails to do
- Agility - they change directions easily and without regret, quickly adapting to shifting business priorities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing financial systems and solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of how to best configure and use financial systems, including: ERP, financial planning and analysis (FP&A), financial reporting and forecasting, and accounting
- Proven track record of leading complex financial system projects from conception to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with cloud-based financial systems, such as Oracle Financials Cloud or SAP S/4HANA, is a plus.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
If you are a highly motivated Finance Systems Solutions Architect with a passion for creating innovative solutions to complex financial problems, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!