Senior Flight Test Engineer
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as primary Flight Test Engineer during ground and flight operations for UAV test and evaluation at the System level (hardware and software).
- Write, review, and execute test plans for development and demonstration activities.
- Conceive, develop, build and operate physical integration environments, including surrogate platforms to support system maturity efforts.
- Collect and perform initial test data analysis for the system under test.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary teams to discuss test results, to include collected data and observations.
- Support execution of flight testing at private and government owned test ranges, including regulatory and safety aspects.
- Take on responsibilities of hands-on troubleshooting, repair, operation, and maintenance of UAVs in the field (often in remote locations).
- Formal qualifications in Aerospace Engineering (undergraduate degree or higher).
- A genuine interest and 5+ years experience in Aerospace engineering, systems integration and testing.
- Prior experience operating and maintaining small UAS, including UAS flight qualifications and working knowledge of UAS operating rules and CASA or DASR regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test pilot or similar at system-level test is advantageous.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NV1 Security Clearance (existing preferred).
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?