Associate Director, Business Development - Land Systems
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril, we are expanding our expertise and knowledge base for major DoD ground combat systems. Anduril is taking a software-defined, hardware-enabled approach to building vehicles and vehicle subsystems from the ground up with a leading team of defense and commercial partners. Anduril is seeking a Land Systems Director to join our team. He/she will be responsible for identifying and qualifying growth opportunities for Anduril hardware and software systems engineering solutions in U.S. government markets. As the Land Systems Director, you will provide support to Anduril’s business line strategy and directly own complex BD projects.
The right person for this role has U.S. defense industry experience, relishes the challenge of disrupting the status quo and can deliver both technical information and thought leadership. If you are looking to work in a dynamic environment with a mission-oriented team, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the growth team’s goals in identifying and driving Land Systems-specific strategic campaigns and complex projects, managing relationships with key customer organizations and partners
- Coordinate across Anduril’s business lines to develop specific customers and projects, bringing together sensors, effectors, platforms, and software to support Land Systems missions
- Support the creation and execution of specific strategic engagement strategies to build the company’s reputation, enhance the strategic positioning in the industry and increase the understanding of the company and its business objectives
- Craft business development products, such as industry white papers, proposals, or presentations
- Capture business development processes, strategy and action items to coordinate team members and other teams within Anduril, such as Corporate Development, Mission Operations, Bids and Proposals, Legal, Finance and Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7 years experience in the following fields as provided below. Salary and position will be commensurate with experience
- Experience in U.S. ground combat systems (e.g., Army PEO GCS, CS&CSS; USMC PEO Land Systems) required; experience in government acquisition processes and/or programs of record strongly preferred. Relevant experience includes as a civil servant involved with defense or national security matters, as a government official in relevant government department agency, or other similar relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing strategies for strategic external engagement to drive revenue goals
- Experience with defense policy and budget issues and knowledge of the defense and national security sector and key stakeholders with an understanding of how these processes impact the company’s growth priorities
- Secret clearance preferred
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!