Senior FP&A Analyst
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst who will assist in the development and tracking of the annual financial plan, forecast, multiyear financial plan and special projects.
If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense. We value diverse skills and experience and want someone who is passionate about what they could accomplish here.
This role will report to the Sr. Manager, FP&A, and will play a critical role in providing financial and operational metrics leading to insightful and data-driven business decisions to the G&A organization at Anduril. The ideal candidate has a strong analytical and collaborative mindset, a solid understanding of financial and operational analysis, excellent modeling and data visualization skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Lead Anduril operating expense forecast process for G&A including short and long-range financial planning
- Play a critical role in the monthly accounting close process by providing budget and forecast vs actuals analytics, helping to estimate accruals where necessary, and raising issues with accounting and finance leadership
- Build insightful, thorough, and repeatable reporting packages to help explain variance analysis, expense trends, risks, and opportunities to leaders in G&A
- Serve as an advocate for your business partners, helping them to present investment cases and facilitate trade-off discussions where necessary
- Assist in development and maintenance of Excel models and Anaplan dashboards for periodic financial reporting, forecasting, and planning
- Define, track, and report KPIs and financial metrics to evaluate and benchmark performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Build scalable automation solutions utilizing Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint, or other tools
- BA/BS with 3+ years of prior experience in FP&A, operations, accounting, or another discipline with similar analytical rigor
- Strong analytical skills, enjoy technical modeling and forecasting using data-driven insights to drive business decisions
- Solid Excel and Powerpoint skills are a must
- Ability to work autonomously, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to work effectively with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain complex financial information to a variety of stakeholders
- Prior experience with Anaplan or Netsuite
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?