Aerodynamics Engineer - Active Clearance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Aerodynamic design of unmanned air vehicles / missiles at conceptual, preliminary, and detail design maturities
- Aerodynamic analysis of unmanned air vehicles, using both low and high order methods, including analysis tool development and improvement as needed
- Stability and control analysis
- Aircraft performance modeling and simulation
- Aerodynamic loads generation
- Wind tunnel test planning, execution, and analysis
- Flight test planning, execution, and analysis
- BS or MS degree in Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ work experience as an individual contributing engineer
- Experience with aircraft sizing and configuration trade studies, including aerodynamic design, shaping, and multidisciplinary design optimization (MDO)
- Competent in a variety of aerodynamic analysis techniques including hand calculations, vortex lattice methods, panel methods, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Experience with aircraft performance analysis and predictions
- Test experience including data acquisition, data analysis and project coordination
- Strong programming skills and code development experience
- Experience preparing formal documentation (i.e. specifications, test procedures, technical reports, etc)
- Must possess and be able to maintain an active U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- StarCCM+ experience
- Experience with transonic and supersonic flow regimes
- Active U.S. Secret security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?