Staff Flight Test Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Test and Evaluation team at Anduril works across the entire spectrum of products ranging from Lattice, Ground and Airborne Sensor Systems, Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, counter UAS, VTOL aircraft, weapons systems, and other platforms. Our team conducts full system level development testing, new production acceptance testing, sub-component qualification testing and much more. In short, if it involves test, we support it. This position is looking for a highly motivated test engineer with emphasis in development test of weapon and missile systems. If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Plan and execute system level T&E of hardware and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting ground and flight test, initial issue investigation, and process improvement/development.
- Act as test engineer for missile or weapon systems to include development, certification and integration on multiple systems
- Collect test data and perform initial data analysis for the system under test.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop requirements, discuss test results, to include collected data and observations.
- Conduct ground and flight testing at private and government-owned test ranges
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 7+ years of experience as test conductor/director for developmental aircrafts, weapons or missile systems.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to travel as required for test planning and execution
- Extensive experience as a test conductor/test director for developmental weapon or missile systems
- Test engineering experience working with developmental weapon or missile systems on manned and/or unmanned aircraft to include requirements development, test planning and execution, and test reporting
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Previous experience with and current working knowledge of MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, AS5653, etc.
- Experience integrating and conducting test with suspension, arming, and release equipment
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Bias for action – if you see a problem, you want to solve and fix it
- Experience with multiple different propulsion systems to include air and non-air breathing
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?