Computer Vision Software Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
For this role, we are looking for passionate and fast learning software engineers to build perception software for Anduril’s suite of products. Anduril builds products in months, not years, so you’ll be expected to move quickly, iterate, and converge on the best solution in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement new features and improvements to the perception stack on robots (primarily in C++)
- This includes, but is not limited to software on robots for data collection and exfiltration, machine learning inference, multi object tracking algorithms, and sensor fusion
- Write integration tests, do performance analysis
- Test your code in the field and play an important part in high impact test events and demos
- Develop and use offline replay, evaluation, and data analysis tools to converge on the best solution
- Participate in the curation of datasets. This includes: helping data collection, exfiltration and processing of raw data, communicating annotation requirements to Data Team, and sanity checking annotations
- Work in-person at our Costa Mesa HQ - 5 days a week
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or similar field
- Proficiency in software engineering, and programming in C++ or similar languages
- Proficient knowledge of concurrency, operating systems, data structures, and object oriented design
- Projects and work experience demonstrating success in rapidly building software for perception, robotics, computer vision, machine learning (or a related field)
- Experience solving problems with data driven approaches
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Master’s degree or PhD (with machine learning or computer vision emphasis)
- Experience with applying state of the art deep learning techniques to real world problems
- Experience with multi object tracking
- Knowledge of image processing and classical computer vision techniques
- Experience evaluating computer vision algorithms including but not limited to: object detection, object tracking, classification, and regression
- Industry experience in building and using machine learning pipelines
- Experience with data engineering and applicable tools such as airflow
- Experience in dataset curation, annotation, tools, and approaches
- Experience developing software on embedded hardware, including NVIDIA Jetson boards (Xavier, tx2, etc)
$132,000 - $240,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!