Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Anduril has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Anduril is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Anduril is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work within a dynamic team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design, integration, and test efforts
- Perform mechanical engineering system development, analysis, and prototyping to solve challenging subsea design issues and validate new designs for use in the Dive-LD platform
- Design high-reliability mechanisms for subsea applications
- Perform research into vehicle design for extended subsea exposure
- Perform AUV, subsystem, and 3rd party component integration, test, and debug
- Create and implement redlines from integration and test phases
- Optionally conduct offshore AUV testing (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Practical and theoretical experience in mechanical engineering
- 3+ years designing, testing, and debugging mechanical systems
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Hands-on system build and test experience
- Experience working in fast paced, high growth, dynamic companies
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- 2+ years working with subsea mechanical systems with a thorough understanding of the ocean environment including the effects of exposure to seawater, pressure, and temperature
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience with design for manufacturing
- Experience designing and operating equipment lifting and rigging for at sea operations
- Experience with structural, thermal, or flow analysis and simulations
- Experience in rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing technologies
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!