Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s maritime group is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics. Systems engineers at Anduril perform a variety of design and sustainment tasks working with all engineering disciplines, manufacturing and field operations supporting full product life cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead technical teams on Anduril’s projects in the Maritime domain
- Work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts
- Develop and maintain systems requirements for the AUV products and related subsystems
- Monitor and report on test metrics based on requirements including KPP and other technical performance measures
- Conceptualize system architecture for upgrades and enhancements to existing vehicle systems
- Lay out system design plans and interfaces for new AUV products and platforms
- Author test plans, procedures and test reports for critical subsystems, and support vehicle level acceptance testing
- Develop interface controls for partners and customers to use for hardware, software, and electrical integration of complex and unique payloads
- Support build and bench top testing of new vehicle systems
- Conduct hands-on, offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments)
- Travel and offshore operations approximately 25% of the time
- A passion for systems development, integration, and testing
- Expertise in executing systems engineering activities across the full engineering development cycle
- Expertise in effectively documenting, communicating and working within a team on designs, results, reports and presentations.
- Familiarity with concepts mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and control theory
- Hands-on build and prototyping of complex robotic systems
- Experience with electronics troubleshooting and ability to use basic test equipment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Top Secret security clearance
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience operating robotic systems offshore
- Experience integrating subsea sensors and payloads
- Experience with regenerative systems for energy harvesting
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering, and integration and testing
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!