Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Senior Buyer supports engineering and manufacturing teams with the development and sourcing of cutting edge defense technology. As part of the procurement team they will be solely responsible for managing supplier relationships, negotiating pricing, and ensuring parts are delivered on time. They will work with the broader Supply Chain team to support strategic sourcing initiatives and planning.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead cross-functional projects to achieve cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Support engineering & manufacturing to determine best sources.
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects.
- Negotiate commercial terms.
- Analyze supplier data and identify areas of opportunity for expanding and/or consolidating the ASL.
- Conduct research, benchmark, and collect market data to ensure a best in class supply base.
- Place purchase orders and resolve downstream issues with receiving, finance, and accounting.
- Own procurement process cradle-to-grave.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related disciplines required.
- 5+ years of supply chain experience in progressive roles.
- Experience with technical procurement.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be a U.S. Person because of required access to U.S. export controlled information
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!