Electronic Warfare Software Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Electronic Warfare (EW) team is seeking experienced generalist software engineers to build out the software ecosystem supporting a next-generation electronic warfare platform. As an RF software engineer, you’ll develop high-performance implementations of numerical algorithms, collaborate with digital systems engineers to enable maximum-performance interfaces between next-gen RF hardware and software, work with DSP and RFML engineers to rapidly deploy bleeding-edge capabilities to our customers, and collaborate with the wider software organization to deliver seamless integration of electronic warfare products with the Anduril Lattice system-of-systems suite. You will apply state-of-the-art software construction techniques to ensure the timely delivery of correct mission-critical code.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with digital systems engineers and systems programmers to develop high-performance hardware/software interfaces.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and tools that enable DSP and RFML engineers to rapidly deploy algorithms and models to our assets.
- Develop high-performance implementations of numerical algorithms for generating, manipulating, and visualizing RF data.
- Develop correct, high-reliability software for controlling our electronic warfare assets, seamlessly integrated with the Anduril Lattice ecosystem.
- Utilize infrastructure providing deterministic builds and configuration management for deployment, guaranteeing software traceability and minimizing the maintenance burden of our products.
- 2+ years professional experience in software engineering
- Experience with software-defined digital radio systems
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience (professional or in the setting of an open source community) working with typed functional programming languages (Haskell, Scala, F#, OCaml, Rust, etc.)
- Experience with MATLAB, especially C code generation.
- Experience with Linux kernel module development
- Experience with FPGA development (Verilog, VHDL, etc.), especially Xilinx devices and tools.
- Experience with graphics programming (OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, etc.)
- Experience with Nix/NixOS
$132,000 - $240,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!