Supplier Quality Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Quality organization is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. The Quality team works with our customers, internal teams, and suppliers to ensure the deployment of reliable products that meet all mission requirements. We develop cutting-edge Quality processes and methods to secure scalable, long-term business success.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will work inside and outside the organization to define and execute processes that deliver reliable products. The right person for this role has knowledge of manufacturing, product development, and continuous improvement. If you are someone who loves to build world-class Quality processes, work hands-on, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the elimination of supplier product risk to improve reliability across the product lifecycle. Engage in Quality activities from concept through development and manufacturing to field use, with internal teams and suppliers
- Ensure the execution of product and process requirements with suppliers. Define and improve such requirements
- Work cross-functionally to execute the product roadmap. Facilitate smooth communication between the product team and suppliers
- Participate in the evaluation and improvement of suppliers. Frequent local car and occasional domestic air travel to visit suppliers (up to 50%)
- Support the continuous improvement of the Quality Management System. Define and improve required documentation and activities
- Support investigations, initiatives, and projects as needed, at the team or organization level
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- Experience working with suppliers in a complex hardware environment, including audits and onsite supplier development
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001-based Quality Management System requirements
- Working knowledge of product development methodologies such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Working knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical design and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Quality in aerospace/defense, automotive, medical device, or similar hardware
- A strong ownership mindset with demonstrated capability to drive projects from start to completion
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Experience as an auditor for AS9100 or other ISO 9001-based QMS standard (e.g., ISO 13485, IATF 16949).
- Experience with low volume manufacturing
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!