Lexington, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Anduril Imaging team develops state-of-the-art imaging systems, deployed to tackle the most significant security challenges of America and its allies. Our hemispherical infra-red system, WISP, is deployed for detection and tracking of objects in the air, on land and on the sea.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Release Engineer is responsible for the rapid and safe delivery of all software components needed for Anduril Imaging’s products. This includes everything from the delivery of core imaging systems to testing and building automation systems. You will work directly with the software team at Anduril Imaging regularly to ensure the development process remains stable, the build pipeline stays up and running, and the overall build and release systems grow to meet the company’s needs.
- Communicate and drive solutions to build issues and breakages
- Determine developer pain points and work towards solutions
- Increase build and test automation
- Maintain an up-to-date software toolset for our development environment on multiple platforms
- Work with developers to manage deployment to offline environments
- Upgrade third party libraries used by a large C++ codebase and fix conflicts that arise
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for developers
- Drive software products towards a more continuous delivery cycle
- Work with headquarters in Irvine, CA to leverage tools and other team members to complete goals
- Travel expected approximately 10% of the time for in-field deployment testing
- Document our CI/CD process for accreditation purposes
- Working proficiency with C++
- Proficiency with Git version control
- Experience with Windows based build systems
- Proficiency with Linux based operating systems
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills and an ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Team-player, self-motivated, driven, organized
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Secret security clearance
- Previous work in a DevOps style software engineering environment
- Experience delivering software solutions to hardware products
- Experience managing GitHub or GitLab servers
- Experience managing AWS services
- Top tier Platinum coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life - covering 100% of you and your dependents’ premiums
- Flexible paid time off vacation policy and an annual bonus for any week-long trip you take
- Free food options, including lunch and dinner, coffee and beverage options, snacks, and more!
- Phone bill reimbursement
- Transit and parking benefits
- 16 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Family planning support - fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included
- An annual stipend to use for continuing education courses, programs, conferences, or certification tests
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?