Product Architect - Ground Systems
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril we are developing a range of advanced ground systems, made up of a combination of custom components and 3rd party sensor integrations. These systems are built to operate in remote environments with limited user input, driving requirements for extreme reliability and autonomy. We have developed an autonomy stack that receives user intent, responds to detections processed at the edge, and allows for integration with other systems. We are looking for hardware architects with experience in this field to help design and manage the next generation of Anduril’s ground systems. Your job as a product architect will be twofold; (1) to deliver value to the customer through a careful consideration of architecture and the trade space you manage, and (2) to prove successful execution against that architecture from concept through production. In order to be successful at Anduril, a product architect needs to be fluent in simulation and rapid development to drive complex electro-mechanical development in addition to carrying out the integration and production through the entire product lifecycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with our product management and business development teams to distill a CONOP and identify leading drivers of success
- Define the architecture topology that best meets the CONOP, and understand key trades that are made through simulation and/or exploratory prototyping techniques. This includes but is not limited to developing accurate models to direct design of various vehicle subsystems (sensing, compute, communications, powertrain, energy storage and management, etc.)
- Select components for complex electro-mechanical systems on the Anduril UAV to deliver against the architecture
- Prioritize and develop clear engineering strategies and accompanied resource plans. This is achieved by creating meaningful abstraction between sub-systems to guide engineering development efforts at scale and speed
- Incorporate DFM and other manufacturing considerations on the way to high-quality mass production
- Create and carry out a validation plan for the end to end system
- Solve related reliability, yield, and performance issues through development and into production
- Support and field in a hands-on fashion
- BS/MS in Robotics, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Previous work on systems architecture of commercial drones or UAVs or equivalent relevant experience driving complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Leadership experience shipping high-volume consumer electronic products in a senior or architect-level role
- Proven experience developing electromechanical system models to inform design, operation, and troubleshooting of complex subsystems
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?