Flight Acceptance Technician
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position involves working in a team environment to conduct the final CST (Complete Systems Test) of all independent systems on Area-I ships to guarantee successful test operations on location.
- Technical or associate degree in Aerospace/ UAS related field with hands-on experience working with UAS/UAV (Crew Chief, Maintainer, or A&P)5+ years relevant industry experience
- Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer with Hands-on aerospace experience (RC Hobby, SAE Aero, Design-Build Fly team)
- Equivalent military experience as UAS/UAV Operator, Maintenance, Crew Chief, or Technician
- Strong understanding of aircraft systems and sensors
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Ability to load and configure software
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Detail-oriented / strong organizational Skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Soldering experience (at a hobby level, J-STD certification, or professional experience)
- U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Up to 10% travel required (can be for consecutive weeks at a time)
- Manage team and scheduling for Aircraft CST
- Perform tactile functions when needed
- Have a full understanding of aircraft and systems and be able to take ownership of the needed processes to complete a full CST
- Perform required system tests and record quality assurance data
- Communicate and elevate system abnormalities to the production manager and product development team
- Comfortably communicate and interact with all employees of the business from Interns to CEO
- Read and interpret technical drawing and schematics
- Assembling small mechanical/electrical components
- Assemble aircraft and sub-systems
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues (identify cold solder joints, bad crimps, faulty connections, etc.)
- Complete Preflight Checklists
- Complete Post-flight inspections and identify the list of repairs
- Become proficient in ground station software
- Maintenance of process/ checklists inefficiencies
- Final approval of aircraft airworthiness
- In-field repairs and modifications
- Previous military experience with UAS operations as ground station operator, maintenance, or similar is preferred
- Machining experience – CNC Mill, Manual Mill, Lathe, CNC Router, etc.
- Composite Repair and/or Fabrication
- Familiarity with 3-D Modeling (SolidWorks, NX, Creo, Fusion360, etc.)
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?