Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Remote, OR, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
The Senior Financial Analyst plays a crucial role in managing and optimizing financial strategies within an organization. This position involves a combination of financial planning, analysis, and reporting to support informed decision-making by senior management. The role requires a strong understanding of financial principles, analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex financial information effectively. This role reports directly to the SVP of Finance.
- Work closely with the executive team and cross functionally to lead overall financial management and compliance for Aiwyn
- Lead the company’s budget and forecasting process, long term plan and overall financial model
- Develop benchmarking, KPIs, and other frameworks to help drive growth as we scale
- Support the strategic business planning process and prepare presentations/financial reports for board and investor meetings, as well monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings of the company
- Own all aspects of FP&A and assist in accounting operations including: financial reporting, forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, procurement & ensure controls and automations are in place to maximize efficiencies
- Provide assistance to the annual audit process
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assist with the completion of annual tax returns and other tax related compliance events (Nexus Compliance)
- Monitor industry finance trends to establish and implement best practices
- Contribute to the development and improvement of financial processes and systems
What we're looking for:
- Strong collaborator and partner with demonstrated ability to drive cross functional collaboration
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to streamline and simplify complexity
- An inherent scrappiness. Startup environments require thinking on your feet and finding solutions that aren’t obvious. You excel in that environment.
- Excellent communication skills with experience influencing and educating cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Exceptional results orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership, in a lower-resource environment
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail. Able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment and re-prioritize with ease.
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in business, accounting, or finance, or economics preferred. CPA and/or CFA preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in banking, private equity, or finance roles at startup
- Experience with startups is preferred, particularly in a SaaS company
- Experience setting up financial systems and processes from scratch is preferred
- Deep subject matter expertise in Corporate FP&A; having participated in the corporate FP&A function for a similar organization
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel/Google Sheet skills for budget and financial modeling
- Strong understanding of financial reporting tools, such as Quickbooks, Maxio, and Mosaic
- U.S. GAAP experience preferred
- Venture capital reporting experience preferred
Why work at Aiwyn?
- People: A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace.
- Growth: An environment where you will be working in one of the hotter, faster growing industries over the next 5 years.
- Remote, work-from-anywhere culture
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and stock options
- 401(k) matching
- Adventure Travel Stipend on each anniversary of your employment with Aiwyn
Aiwyn is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our CCPA privacy notice which can be found here: https://aiwyn.ai/ccpa