Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote, OR, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Who is Aiwyn and what do we do?
We're a team of interdisciplinary do-ers who've come together to solve long-overlooked invoicing and payment problems in the accounting industry. At accounting firms, the process by which a firm prepares and sends a bill to clients and then collects payments from clients is called the "work-to-cash" cycle. And for most firms this process is slow, manual, offline, ungoverned, costly, and frustrating (for staff and for clients). Our mission is to reinvent an easier, faster, smarter work-to-cash cycle to help accounting firms save time, speed up cash flow, and deliver a superior client experience through our Intelligence-Based BillingTM Platform.
Who you are:
You are a builder, passionate about learning new technologies and applying them to build creative solutions that solve customer problems. You find yourself moving faster than those around you. You are opinionated, in regard to both software design and product requirements. You require autonomy, and feel strong ownership for your work. You are a natural mentor, and recognize that collaboration and knowledge sharing are keys to success. You thrive in an environment that welcomes debate and encourages a "logic wins the day" mentality, where the best ideas are the right ideas. You are a player coach, you want to help your team succeed, and celebrate their wins. As a manager, you promote and encourage those around you. You give others the credit, and bear the responsibility when things don’t go as planned, coaching to improve for next time.
What you will do:
As an Engineering Manager at Aiwyn, you will lead and manage a team of software engineers, taking part in exciting opportunities that include Greenfield-projects and advancing our existing platform to new heights. In this role, you will not only be responsible for your individual contributions but also for guiding and empowering your team members to deliver high-quality solutions. You will play a vital role in driving impactful customer value, fostering an agile and collaborative environment, and shaping the future direction of our technology initiatives.
- Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers, providing guidance, support, and fostering their professional growth.
- Set clear expectations, define goals, and provide regular feedback to ensure the team's success.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management and design, to align engineering efforts with business objectives.
- Help establish and measure metrics and KPIs to evaluate team effectiveness and performance
- Help establish processes when needed to achieve the overall objective and health of the team
- Technical Influence and Decision-making:
- Drive technical discussions and decisions, collaborating with architects and senior engineers to define the architecture, technology stack, and development processes.
- Promote best practices, code quality, and continuous improvement in software development methodologies.
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies, advocating for their adoption when appropriate.
- Project Management and Delivery:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scopes, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential risks, and proactively address issues to ensure successful delivery.
- Foster a culture of accountability, collaboration, and innovation within the engineering team.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation:
- Encourage a culture of learning and experimentation, fostering an environment where team members can share knowledge and explore new ideas.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement effective strategies to enhance team productivity and efficiency.
- Foster an inclusive and diverse engineering culture, promoting an environment that values different perspectives and experiences.
- 5-8 years of proven experience in software development, 2+ years management experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Experience with Java/C#/Kotlin, Angular, Postgres or other databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MSSql, Git, or GraphQL.
- Strong technical background with experience in software development and architecture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
Why Work at Aiwyn?
- The big-picture value proposition of this role is simple: join us, and you'll be paid competitively to have freedom in solving worthwhile, challenging problems alongside other A-players at a fast growing SaaS startup led by an experienced and successful co-founding team with industry experience. Other benefits include:
- Remote, work-from-anywhere culture
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and stock options
- 401(k) matching
- Adventure Travel Stipend on each anniversary of your employment with Aiwyn
Aiwyn is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our CCPA privacy notice which can be found here: