General Interest in 86 Repairs
If you're interested in joining 86 Repairs but don't see a role that fits your skillset, send us your resume!
We'll keep your details on file and be in touch should a role open up in the future that seems to be a fit.
86 Repairs is improving a largely overlooked and painful problem in the restaurant industry: getting broken things fixed. While other areas in the restaurant technology space have gotten new apps and innovative solutions (think: online ordering, ghost kitchens, point-of-sale), the repair and maintenance space has gone untouched. We’re changing that. Our name comes from the commonly used ‘Eighty-Six that’ in restaurants. At 86, we’re committed to taking the repairs and maintenance off the plates of restaurant owners, operators, and frontline staff.
86 is a tight-knit group of thoughtful, ambitious, and creative folks with diverse backgrounds, working together across a dozen states and 4 countries. We have industry veterans and non-industry folks alike. We are a fully distributed, remote workforce and we will never require team members to work in a traditional office 2,3, or 5 days a week. We believe the strength of our team goes beyond the walls of a cubicle. We gather biannually for team events that include delicious meals at our customers’ restaurants.
We're looking for sharp people who want to contribute new perspectives to our culture and help us grow. We value folks who are comfortable with rapid change and are excited to build a company with us. We don’t have it all figured out, so we need team members who thrive on new challenges.
It Takes All Kinds…
The only way to build a great company is by hiring talented people with diverse backgrounds and rich life experiences. Those experiences contribute to our culture and help us find creative solutions to the tough problems we're solving. Because of this, 86 is committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and background in everything we do.
Historically, women and people of color are hesitant to apply for a role unless they meet every qualification listed in the job description. If you are from an underrepresented background and are uncertain if you're a fit, please apply. We'd rather have one more resume to review than miss the chance to meet an amazing talent.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range aligned with market
- Our range fluctuates based on experience; extra points if you have worked at a partner or customer of ours, or in facilities management.
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans (most covered at 100%)
- Flex spending account for family and childcare
- 401(k) plan with 3% matching
- Unlimited PTO with generous bereavement and sick policies
- “Check Please” dining benefit: the company pays for you to eat at our customers’ restaurants once a quarter (up to $400 per year!)
- Mental Health reimbursement fund (up to $100 per year per person)
- Paid family leave for those starting a family, regardless of gender
- Equity in the company for every role
We ask every candidate to go through the same interview process to ensure we are equability evaluating folks. That process typically includes:
- Phone Chat: 30-minutes
- Zoom Video Meeting: 45-minutes
- Peer Panel: 45-minutes
- Case Study, Technical Exercise or Mock Pitch: 45-60 minutes